The time is here. Time to say goodbye to 2014 and hello to 2015! With the new year arriving in just a few days, most of us are making New Year’s Resolutions….and most of us will abandon those resolutions by the end of January. Keeping a resolution can be difficult so today’s post is dedicated to maintaining them. Listed below are three tips for holding onto your resolutions for the whole year:
- Set smaller goals as steps of bigger ones: If you have an overall goal of “losing weight” set benchmarks of smaller pound amounts as part of your overall target weight goal. This will allow you to track your progress, and reaching the smaller goals will keep you motivated!
- Find a resolution buddy: Do you and your best friend have similar resolutions? Keeping each other in the loop about your progress not only feels great in sharing your successes but also keeps you accountable to make progress with your goals. If you both have a goal to travel, save money and take the trip together!
- Set goals that mean something to you: Aside from the typical goals of losing weight, making more money, etc.; set a goal that means something to you and could even make an impact beyond yourself. Set a goal to donate money each month to your favorite charity. Making the donations will make you feel great and will help others too. Can’t afford to donate money each month? Set a goal to volunteer one Saturday each month.
So there you have it. Good luck with maintaining your resolutions! I’m still fine tuning mine but I will keep you in the loop when they are finalized (remember the part about setting goals that mean something to you?). Happy New Year!
Bonus post: I have to make a shout out to my dad because today is his birthday! I have the best dad around and I’m so lucky that he is mine! Here is a candid shot of dad and I at my wedding! HAPPY BIRTHDAY, DAD! Love you!
Hello! I hope you all had a wonderful weekend. Rory, Zeppelin, Ivy, and I made it back to Texas yesterday. Today Rory’s mom, Michelle, came to visit while traveling from Lubbock to Houston. I made one of my crock pot recipes and thought I would share it with you for today’s post. It is super easy to make and is a fan favorite in my house.
Crock pot Pork Chops:
- 4 pork chops (I typically use bone-in and just pick them out when cooked)
- 2 small cans of condensed cream of mushroom soup (just the soup, not with water)
- 1 cup of ranch dressing (or 1 dry packet of Hidden Valley Ranch mix)
- salt and pepper to taste
- Place all ingredients in a crock pot and cook on low for 4-6 hours
- If the texture is a little too soup-like add a spoonful of flour to the pot with about 30 minutes to go.
I also made scalloped potatoes and corn with this recipe. According to Rory it was another hit! This time of year I cook with the crock pot quite often. Feel free to share your favorite crock pot recipes in the comments!
And here’s a bonus pic for today of my cute dogs chowing on their new rawhide bones. Have a great week!
December 25th! One of my favorite days of the year. I love spending time with family members, especially since I don’t get to see them as often now that I live in Texas. Rory and I had a great time with the family and are happy to get to spend a few days in Oklahoma.
I have posted a few pics to share my Christmas with y’all! A special thanks to Susie Macon for taking so many great pictures! Merry Christmas!
Happy Friday! Welcome to the very first “Fashion Friday”! The weekend is here, hope you had a great work week! With Christmas approaching in just a handful of days your weekend will most likely involve a holiday party. For Fashion Friday I have decided to write about what to wear for holiday parties. I wanted to give you a few ideas as to what to wear for parties with three different dress codes: formal, casual, and tacky (because who doesn’t love a good tacky sweater). Formal If your holiday party this weekend involves cocktails, dancing, and possibly all the higher ups in your company, you will probably need to dress up a bit. I love to find clothes that are cute, fit well, but also don’t break the bank. For me, Forever 21 often fits all of these categories. I LOVE this dress! The white fabric with hints of metallic threads give this dress a chic yet edgy winter feel. The price is the best part, only $29.99! Find this dress at: http://www.forever21.com/Product/Product.aspx?BR=f21&Category=dress_night-out&ProductID=2000056757&VariantID= (photo credit: Forever 21 website) Casual If your holiday party is a more informal gathering of friends at someone’s house or a local bar, throw on your favorite pair of jeans or black pants with this top from Francesca’s. I have been a fan of Francesca’s for quite a long time. It is definitely one of my go-to places for all types of clothes and accessories. This top is a beautiful cranberry color (perfect for the holidays, right?) and has pretty crochet detailing on the sleeves. Find this dress at: http://www.francescas.com/product/sheldyn+crochet+blouse.do?sortby=ourPicks&refType=&from=fn (photo credit: Francesca’s website) Tacky Sweater Party The tacky sweater is probably my favorite holiday party attire. I love to see how creative some get by making their own sweaters. If you don’t have the time or creativity to make your own, Amazon is your best friend! I found this awesome reindeer sweater with a pom pom for a red nose. This sweater is from a company called Forever New and is priced at $16.18-$24.99. You could also venture out to your local resale store or Goodwill and find one for cheap! Find this sweater here: http://www.amazon.com/Forever-Unisex-Rudolph-Snowflake-Knitted/dp/B00GHTE4M8/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1419032016&sr=8-1&keywords=tacky+christmas+sweater (photo credit: Amazon, Forever New – link above) So there you have it! What parties are ya’ll attending this weekend? What are you going to wear? Sound off in the comments!
It has been a while since my last post. I had some issues with the site overall and then just sort of fell off the face of the internet. But, have no fear because I am BACK with a whole new approach to my website. This new and improved site will feature everything from posts about fashion, beauty, home décor, DIY projects, cooking, eating, speech pathology, my husband, my dogs, my family, and whatever else pops up in this life of mine.
So welcome back and thanks for reading my inaugural post!