Holy moly…I suck. I haven’t posted in quite a while! For that, I am sorry. I thought for my welcome back post I would cover my Vegas trip! Rory and I went to Las Vegas for a few days with our dear friends Megan and Tyler. Meg and Tyler are engaged so I encouraged them to elope over the weekend, but sadly that didn’t happen. We stayed at the Mirage which was amazing! The Mirage has a volcano in front of it that erupts every 30 minutes in the evenings.
Our first night there (Valentine’s Day) we went to Marquee nightclub at the Cosmopolitan hotel/casino. Benny Benassi played which was fantastic! The next night we went to a show called Absinth at Caesar’s Palace. It was an intimate, Cirque type show that also had tons of crude humor (which is our favorite, haha). Other than that we walked around to take in the sights and ate our weight in delicious food! (including the unlimited mimosas at the buffet!) Rory took pictures but hasn’t sent them to me…maybe I will put them on another post!
I would encourage you all to go on a little vacation with good friends. Rory and I had the best time and it made me realize that I don’t go on enough vacations!
Okay, y’all…my assignment this week is to brainstorm some great blog post ideas and get back to this. See ya later this week!
With most of the country facing super cold weather I thought today’s post could be dedicated to a few things that made me happy today! First are these beautiful flowers I purchased. The bright color makes me really crave Spring weather!
Next are some beautiful cupcakes I made today. My boss’ birthday is tomorrow and I have become the unofficial cake maker for work birthdays. They are white cake with white icing that I colored to a pretty light blue.
So there you have it! Stay warm!
I heard on the radio that today is “Thank God It’s Monday” day since it is the first Monday ushering in the first full week of the new year. I had a pretty good day at work so I would agree with the sentiment for today’s holiday. Some of you may not agree and have a standing rage against Mondays simply for what they are (which is totally cool too). Rory and I often go out to eat on Mondays because I don’t feel like cooking after work. A barbeque place just down the street from us opened a few months ago and we are IN LOVE. I thought for today’s post I would share that love with y’all. The restaurant is called Meat U Anywhere. Andy, the owner, always greets us with a smile and we love the local feel that it has (since Meat U Anywhere is not part of a chain). The food is DELICIOUS and Rory and I will keep coming back many many times. The picture above is of my (half eaten) dinner of a sliced brisket sandwich with a side of jalapeno bacon mac n’ cheese. Another bonus about this place is they serve RC cola!
Hope you have a great week!
Howdy! Happy Sunday! I’m sad to think that the weekend is almost over. Sunday’s for me are often about cleaning my house and prepping for the week ahead. Rory and I moved into our house a few months ago and I have tried so hard to keep it (mostly) clean and organized. I am not a super organized and tidy person (neither is my husband) so this can sometimes be a daunting task. I’ve decided that one of my resolutions will be taking care of a few daily tasks to keep my house clean and organized throughout the year.
I sometimes go into panic mode when I find out that guests are coming over within 30 minutes and I have a messy house. Then I franticly clean (and shove things into closets) which I HATE doing. If I stick to my daily cleaning plan I can avoid the frantic clean and feel more confident with last minute guests coming over (and be happier in my home!).
So here are the four things that I am pledging to do every day in order to keep my house tidy. Let’s hope I stick with it!
- Dishes: unloading and loading the dishwasher every day.
- Vacuum/sweeping: My dogs shed like CRAZY so this is a must-do! Luckily I have a great vacuum that cleans hard wood and carpet floors. Here’s a link if you want one too Hoover WindTunnel 3 Pro Pet Bagless Upright Vacuum, UH70931PC
- De-clutter the coffee and dining room table: I am always amazed by how much cleaner my living and dining room look when I clear off the tables.
- Put laundry IN the laundry basket: Rory is notorious for putting his dirty clothes next to the laundry basket (and I’ve been guilty of this too). This leads to clothes all over the floor causing my room to look super messy.
Have a few things you could do around the house each day? Join my in my cleaning resolution! Have some other ideas for maintaining a clean home? Sound off in the comments!
Happy New Year! I hope you all had a wonderful New Year! I had a great time celebrating with awesome friends. Here are a few snap shots from the night.
Today’s post is a recipe that is a staple at my house. It is super simple to make and is delicious!
Egg Noodles with Sausage: (serves 2)
Here’s what you’ll need:
- 1/2 package of No Yolk Egg Noodles
- 1 bell pepper
- 1 turkey sausage link
- a few handfuls of fresh spinach
- salt and pepper to taste (or for Rory, Tony Chachere’s creole seasoning)
Here’s what you do:
- boil noodles according to package directions
- cut sausage link into bite size pieces and heat on medium
- combine bell pepper with sausage and sauté
- add the handfuls of spinach to the pan to wilt
- combine noodles, meat, and veggies into large bowl and serve to your hungry family
The time is here. Time to say goodbye to 2014 and hello to 2015! With the new year arriving in just a few days, most of us are making New Year’s Resolutions….and most of us will abandon those resolutions by the end of January. Keeping a resolution can be difficult so today’s post is dedicated to maintaining them. Listed below are three tips for holding onto your resolutions for the whole year:
- Set smaller goals as steps of bigger ones: If you have an overall goal of “losing weight” set benchmarks of smaller pound amounts as part of your overall target weight goal. This will allow you to track your progress, and reaching the smaller goals will keep you motivated!
- Find a resolution buddy: Do you and your best friend have similar resolutions? Keeping each other in the loop about your progress not only feels great in sharing your successes but also keeps you accountable to make progress with your goals. If you both have a goal to travel, save money and take the trip together!
- Set goals that mean something to you: Aside from the typical goals of losing weight, making more money, etc.; set a goal that means something to you and could even make an impact beyond yourself. Set a goal to donate money each month to your favorite charity. Making the donations will make you feel great and will help others too. Can’t afford to donate money each month? Set a goal to volunteer one Saturday each month.
So there you have it. Good luck with maintaining your resolutions! I’m still fine tuning mine but I will keep you in the loop when they are finalized (remember the part about setting goals that mean something to you?). Happy New Year!
Bonus post: I have to make a shout out to my dad because today is his birthday! I have the best dad around and I’m so lucky that he is mine! Here is a candid shot of dad and I at my wedding! HAPPY BIRTHDAY, DAD! Love you!
Hello! I hope you all had a wonderful weekend. Rory, Zeppelin, Ivy, and I made it back to Texas yesterday. Today Rory’s mom, Michelle, came to visit while traveling from Lubbock to Houston. I made one of my crock pot recipes and thought I would share it with you for today’s post. It is super easy to make and is a fan favorite in my house.
Crock pot Pork Chops:
- 4 pork chops (I typically use bone-in and just pick them out when cooked)
- 2 small cans of condensed cream of mushroom soup (just the soup, not with water)
- 1 cup of ranch dressing (or 1 dry packet of Hidden Valley Ranch mix)
- salt and pepper to taste
- Place all ingredients in a crock pot and cook on low for 4-6 hours
- If the texture is a little too soup-like add a spoonful of flour to the pot with about 30 minutes to go.
I also made scalloped potatoes and corn with this recipe. According to Rory it was another hit! This time of year I cook with the crock pot quite often. Feel free to share your favorite crock pot recipes in the comments!
And here’s a bonus pic for today of my cute dogs chowing on their new rawhide bones. Have a great week!
December 25th! One of my favorite days of the year. I love spending time with family members, especially since I don’t get to see them as often now that I live in Texas. Rory and I had a great time with the family and are happy to get to spend a few days in Oklahoma.
I have posted a few pics to share my Christmas with y’all! A special thanks to Susie Macon for taking so many great pictures! Merry Christmas!
Happy Friday! Welcome to the very first “Fashion Friday”! The weekend is here, hope you had a great work week! With Christmas approaching in just a handful of days your weekend will most likely involve a holiday party. For Fashion Friday I have decided to write about what to wear for holiday parties. I wanted to give you a few ideas as to what to wear for parties with three different dress codes: formal, casual, and tacky (because who doesn’t love a good tacky sweater). Formal If your holiday party this weekend involves cocktails, dancing, and possibly all the higher ups in your company, you will probably need to dress up a bit. I love to find clothes that are cute, fit well, but also don’t break the bank. For me, Forever 21 often fits all of these categories. I LOVE this dress! The white fabric with hints of metallic threads give this dress a chic yet edgy winter feel. The price is the best part, only $29.99! Find this dress at: http://www.forever21.com/Product/Product.aspx?BR=f21&Category=dress_night-out&ProductID=2000056757&VariantID= (photo credit: Forever 21 website) Casual If your holiday party is a more informal gathering of friends at someone’s house or a local bar, throw on your favorite pair of jeans or black pants with this top from Francesca’s. I have been a fan of Francesca’s for quite a long time. It is definitely one of my go-to places for all types of clothes and accessories. This top is a beautiful cranberry color (perfect for the holidays, right?) and has pretty crochet detailing on the sleeves. Find this dress at: http://www.francescas.com/product/sheldyn+crochet+blouse.do?sortby=ourPicks&refType=&from=fn (photo credit: Francesca’s website) Tacky Sweater Party The tacky sweater is probably my favorite holiday party attire. I love to see how creative some get by making their own sweaters. If you don’t have the time or creativity to make your own, Amazon is your best friend! I found this awesome reindeer sweater with a pom pom for a red nose. This sweater is from a company called Forever New and is priced at $16.18-$24.99. You could also venture out to your local resale store or Goodwill and find one for cheap! Find this sweater here: http://www.amazon.com/Forever-Unisex-Rudolph-Snowflake-Knitted/dp/B00GHTE4M8/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1419032016&sr=8-1&keywords=tacky+christmas+sweater (photo credit: Amazon, Forever New – link above) So there you have it! What parties are ya’ll attending this weekend? What are you going to wear? Sound off in the comments!