Happy New Year! I hope you all had a wonderful New Year! I had a great time celebrating with awesome friends. Here are a few snap shots from the night.
Today’s post is a recipe that is a staple at my house. It is super simple to make and is delicious!
Egg Noodles with Sausage: (serves 2)
Here’s what you’ll need:
- 1/2 package of No Yolk Egg Noodles
- 1 bell pepper
- 1 turkey sausage link
- a few handfuls of fresh spinach
- salt and pepper to taste (or for Rory, Tony Chachere’s creole seasoning)
Here’s what you do:
- boil noodles according to package directions
- cut sausage link into bite size pieces and heat on medium
- combine bell pepper with sausage and sauté
- add the handfuls of spinach to the pan to wilt
- combine noodles, meat, and veggies into large bowl and serve to your hungry family
Hello! I hope you all had a wonderful weekend. Rory, Zeppelin, Ivy, and I made it back to Texas yesterday. Today Rory’s mom, Michelle, came to visit while traveling from Lubbock to Houston. I made one of my crock pot recipes and thought I would share it with you for today’s post. It is super easy to make and is a fan favorite in my house.
Crock pot Pork Chops:
- 4 pork chops (I typically use bone-in and just pick them out when cooked)
- 2 small cans of condensed cream of mushroom soup (just the soup, not with water)
- 1 cup of ranch dressing (or 1 dry packet of Hidden Valley Ranch mix)
- salt and pepper to taste
- Place all ingredients in a crock pot and cook on low for 4-6 hours
- If the texture is a little too soup-like add a spoonful of flour to the pot with about 30 minutes to go.
I also made scalloped potatoes and corn with this recipe. According to Rory it was another hit! This time of year I cook with the crock pot quite often. Feel free to share your favorite crock pot recipes in the comments!
And here’s a bonus pic for today of my cute dogs chowing on their new rawhide bones. Have a great week!